Tuesday, 8 May 2007

Doubling Coin Art - It Begins.....

Doubling Coin Art - It Begins.....

OK, I'm starting another blog specifically for the Coin Paintings.

In case you've stumbled here in a blind haze, I have been running another Blog called The Doubling Challenge. I am trying to go from finding a penny and doubling my way to a million dollars. You can check out my progress here

While I was born in NZ, I actually grew up in Australia and studied a Bachelor of Graphic Design before I came home.
The reason I have chosen coins for my Doubling related art work was simply due to most people overlooking them...

The first money I found for the doubling to a million project was $2.70. Someone had just left it there. Many of my doubling cohorts tell of coins laying everywhere and people not bothering to pick them up.

A mini survey told me that most people don't even know what is on most of their own countrys' coinage ! Anything that under rated has to be good :D

Each painting showed on this blog is 12" x 12" stretched canvas and ready to hang.
So far I'm getting around one per day ( so I guess I also qualify as a Painting A Day human !).

One NZ Cent is not for sale but the others will be.
Many main currencies will be attempted and there will be 10 in each countrys' set.

If you like the style and have a hankering for your favourite currency....Reserve it !

I'll have the first Pics up soon,

Rachel.

No comments: