Friday, 18 May 2007

Coin Art - The Kiwi Dollar

The "gold" coins were always going to be fun to paint ! I decided to scan a coin and paint it as the computer saw it... That's why instead of being all one dull mustard colour it is brown, and yellow and white...

We used to have a very attractive $1 note in New Zealand. It was Brown.... I'll leave the description there I think !

Anyway, when they brought in "The Kiwi Dollar" The Great They decided there should be a Kiwi on it. As there was already a 20c with a kiwi on it, they changed the 20 to the Pukaki guy you'll see below.
Our Kiwi Dollars' kiwi is surrounded by ferns and he even has his cute little whiskers.
It is a compound metal, a fairly small coin, just 8 grams.

When deciding on a background there was just one choice. Deep Maroon.
Kind of reminds me of my Catholic School Uniform...

Sorry about the crappy pic, it's not dry yet so I'll put up a better one soon.

Rachel.

PS; The 2 NZ Cents sold on Auction for $40 ! My first painting sale !!

No comments: