Friday, 11 May 2007

Coin Art - NZ 20 Cent The Kiwi

Coin Art - NZ 20 Cent The Kiwi

In New Zealand the 20c coin has changed 3 times since 1967.
The original 20c was the one with the Kiwi on it.

When NZ introduced the one dollar (which is gold and has the kiwi facing the other way...) Someone thought it looked too similar and replaced the design.
It's now the second lowest denomination in NZ coinage.


This guy was fun to do, if a little naive looking...

Don't forget to check out the 2 cent auction before it closes... At one dollar someone may get a bargain !
I should also add for those considering the possible secondary market for my paintings.... I have completed 7 of the 10 in the New Zealand Series and will be tackling the next series, next week !

Lots more to come.
Actually, 280.
There are 28 steps if you want to Double Your Way to a Million and I intend to do a set of 10 for each step.
Around the frame of each on the back is my encoded description of each picture. I'll add a pic of this eventually, the encoding is just my personal language !

Later,
Rachel.

No comments: