Friday, 29 June 2007

Coin Art - NZ 5 Cent : Tuatara

I finally finished the 5 Cent Painting.

This one took ages as I went over him at least 3 times in different styles. Ever tried to paint Tuatara skin ? From an etching of a coin ??

Anyway, He's finished and I'm relatively happy with him.
Paints almost dry and I'll be sealing and finishing the back.

He is for auction at the moment here; RA Hammond - NZ Coin Art Tuatara

My last auction for the 50c or the $1 went well, I think The 50cent is the one the buyer wants, but I'll confirm that later...
After this auction ends, there will only be 2 paintings left in the first set !
I've had around 10 requests for commisions, but I'm sticking to my no doubles rule.
That way the people who have shown faith and bought early will actually have an investment.

The Australian paintings have been started, and the 3rd set of ten have been decided on.
The 3rd set will consist of 5 early NZ coins and 5 early Australian coins.
The NZ Penny has already been reserved !!

I'll update later...

Rachel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kia ora ra

I just missed out on your auction for the 5cent coin, couldnt get to my computer in time...and I so want one. If you would possibly consider painting another 5cent...I will buy it. Donna Takitimu
donnatak@inspire.net.nz